Tuesday, March 10, 2015

For Today -

Outside my window...  the snow is starting to melt, temps are warming up!  I am so glad to see winter over with!

I am thinking...  of the great time we had in Florida with our son, his wife, and our precious granddaughter! It truly was a blessed visit!

I am thankful for... the fact that I am retired now!  We would never had been able to do a two month visit if I wasn't!  I had lost my job on Jan. 7, 2014, and we started driving to Florida Jan 7, 2015!  Blessed!

I am remembering... one of my managers telling me at the time, "you will see this is a blessing, remember when one door closes, the Lord opens another for you"!

On my mind... getting a good eating and exercising program together.  Hubby and I have been taking walks around the river the last few days, since the weather broke.  I do feel so much better!

I am pondering these words... Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

From the kitchen...  hubby is cooking tonight.  I did dinner yesterday.  He is planning on kielbasa and sauerkraut.

I am wearing... navy blue jogging pants, a long sleeved raspberry top, and sneakers.

I am creating... nothing at this time, but pouring over gardening books, and saving great spring and summer ideas on Pinterest.

I am going... to do some laundry in a little while.

I am reading... Treasure Island!  I downloaded some classics on my Kindle, and I sure am enjoying them!


I am hoping...we have turned the corner on this winter, and spring comes in all its glory!

I am hearing... the downstairs shower running, son Sandy is getting ready for work, other than that, it is quiet around the house.

Around the house... making some plans, we want to paint the family room.  Hubby is also going to start remodeling the bathrooms.

One of my favorite things... a cup of coffee in the afternoon!

A few plans for the rest of the week... not too much so far.  I have prayer group tomorrow night.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...    Sunset in Islamorada, in the Florida Keys!  Amazing!



To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

No comments: