Monday, November 3, 2014

For Today - 

Outside my window...  cold and windy.  Winter is announcing it wants to come visit!

I am thankful for...  being able to be home with my hubby now!  Being retired is wonderful, and I am thankful that we can enjoy life.

I am remembering... things to prepare for Thanksgiving.  We are invited to our nephew and his wife's for a wonderful family dinner.  I am making her pies, homemade cranberry sauce, and green bean casserole, which she loves.  If she needs anything else, I will make it.

On my mind...  getting the paperwork and photos taken for our passport cards!  Our son wants to take us to Bimini when we are visiting him in Florida!

 From the kitchen...  cleaned up and quiet.  I will be roasting a whole chicken for dinner, with mashed potatoes, roasted cauliflower, and a salad.  I am also planning on an apple pie or and apple crisp for dessert.

I am wearing... jeans, a pumpkin colored turtleneck, and in my slippers!  Cold!!!!!

I am going...  to meet my sister in law for coffee this afternoon.

I am reading...  my bible.  And a book about Mother Teresa.

I am hoping... my dr visit goes well later this morning.

Around the house... still quiet.  Most of my Monday chores are done, and that makes me feel good.

One of my favorite things... pumpkin pie!  I have been thinking maybe I will do two pumpkin pies today instead of the apple!

A  few plans for the rest of the week...  rosary on Wednesday night, meet with another friend for coffee and prayer Tuesday after she gets out of work, start getting Christmas gifting organized.  Pizza out with hubby on Friday.  Who knows, maybe a nice ride in the country is in store too!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...   picture of one of two buffet lamps we got for our dining room buffet, I just love them!






To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

No comments: