Tuesday, October 14, 2014

For Today - 

Outside my window... it is unusually warm for this time of the year.  It's actually hot and humid, we are expecting some heavy rain tonight and tomorrow.  Hopefully we will get it this time, we are really needed lots of rain!

I am thinking... of the things I need to get ready, for our trip to Florida in January, for the holidays, getting everything organized.

I am thankful for... all the blessings the Lord has graced us with!

I am remembering... good times with hubby when our boys were younger, and the vacations we took.  We always have our blessed memories!

On my mind...  prayer for family, situations I was asked to pray for, for prayer for the world, for our Pope.

I am pondering these words... "Pray, hope and don't worry"  my favorite from St Pio.

From the learning rooms.... I am learning to trust Jesus for everything in my day, for the smallest things to heavy burdens!

From the kitchen...  leftovers for dinner tonight.  We made homemade lasagna yesterday for dinner.  Tonight I will make a tossed salad to go along with.  The kitchen will stay clean!  LOL

I am wearing... jeans, a sage green top, and my sneakers.

I am creating...  nothing yet, but I am itching to knit something.

I am going...  to run to the store later, and hubby and I will also enjoy a nice cup of coffee on the deck later this afternoon.

I am reading... the same..my bible, and St Faustina.

I am hoping... we get the rain they are predicting.

I am hearing... the dryer running, the washer running, hubby is puttering around in the garage.  He is starting to bring in the yard decorations for winter.

Around the house... it is quiet.  I feel blessed and thank the Lord for graces given to me to be able to maintain the house.

One of my favorite things... sitting outside with hubby, talking about plans, over a nice cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  got my hair cut this morning, prayer group tomorrow night, and Friday morning I am meeting my friend for breakfast.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... pumpkins all aglow!  Fall fun!




To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

1 comment:

Melanie Cook said...

We are finally having some cooler weather! It should be very nice here in Florida in January when you come to visit. Have a great day.