Monday, October 20, 2014

For Today     

 Outside my window...  we woke up to the temperature being 33 degrees!  It's warming up as I write this, but it is a sure sign that winter in making its way in!

I am thinking...  of my online friend Judy.  I haven't heard anything from her, and I am getting worried.  She is in my prayers.

I am thankful for... a warm house, a roof over our heads, enough food to eat! 

    I am remembering... I have many things to get accomplished before we drive to Florida to stay with our son!  I can't wait to see our grand baby Sofia, and Chris and Maria!
.On my mind...  my Dr. appointment next month.  I know he will not be happy.  I don't know why I can't get myself on a good eating and exercise program.  I am praying about it, and for willpower.

    From the learning rooms....  everyday is a learning experience, and trusting in the Lord for all of us.

From the kitchen...  all cleaned up from lunch.  Hubby is making a sausage risotto for dinner tonight.  I am going to make an apple cake.

I am wearing... jeans, a green 3/4 length sleeve sweater, sneakers.

     I am creating... a neat, clean, and orderly home.  Getting myself on a great daily program of daily chores, and then one room a day for deeper cleaning, and this is working out so well for me!

 I am reading...  my Bible.  

I am hoping... we have a mild winter this year!

     I am hearing... very quiet in the house, I am in the office on my laptop.  The washer is running, and it is a nice calming sound!

     Around the house... I want to change the drapes in the sunroom for winter, and finish changing out the clothes.  But I am not packing away our summer things, as we will need them for our trip!

One of my favorite things...   just came back over from visiting our friends next door.  Hubby is helping them in building a shed.  

A few plans for the rest of the week... prayer group on Wednesday, a trip to the farmer's market, and some shopping.

     Here is a picture thought I am sharing...     I liked this!




To join in focusing on the simple pleasures of each day, please click here.

3 comments:

annie said...

I am concerned about Judy as well.
Temps here were also in the 30's this morning! I guess we will have a cold winter this year.

Judy said...

Kathy, thank you so much for your sweet concern. I'm blessed with my online friends! So blessed! I posted in my blog tonight, & will do an update post tomorrow to catch everyone up. Feeling so good! 100% normal!

I wish I could send you some warmer temps. It was 88F here today! Hugs!

Melanie Cook said...

We are getting cooler here although it's trying to climb back up again. Should be lovely here when you come down to visit your family!